Our time and talent is used as Christ's hands and voice at the Episcopal Church of the
Holy Spirit Verona as well as in the wider community by ministering in the following ways
- Adult Education: Participate in educational opportunities offered seasonally throughout the year
- Altar Guild: Set up altar area for services (includes all Eucharistic materials), clean and maintain altar vessels, candles, and crosses, set up for weddings, baptisms, funerals, special services, etc.
- Buildings & Grounds Team: Cares for our facilities and helps complete various work projects at the church.
- Choir: Sing at the 10am service on Sunday and at special services
- Coffee Hour: Provide and set up snacks, coffee before 10 Worship; tidy up afterwards.
- Flower Guild: Arrange flowers for Sunday Worship
- Food Pantry: Buy inventory, serve Shoppers, assist with set-up and break down on the 4th Saturday of the month
- Fund Raising: Brainstorm and execute fund raising events during year
- Healing Ministry: Lay on hands, offer healing prayer at Worship Services
- Lay Reader: Read the lessons and prayers at our services
- Outreach Team: Help plan, carry out service opportunities during the year
- Prayer Shawl Group: On the first and third Wednesday of each month, a small group gathers to meditate and knit.
This is a spiritual practice that benefits the practitioner and those gifted with these sacred mantles. This ministry is nondenominational and open to anyone who is seeking to step away from their daily stresses with an alternative form of meditation.
- Sunday School Assistant: Teach occasionally during the 10 a.m. Service. This is also an opportunity to create and present an activity or project that contributes to the children's spiritual growth, drawing on your experience in church ministry, work, volunteering, etc.
- Supplementary Instrumentalist: Play an instrument as a prelude or postlude, during the offertory, or to accompany hymns, or anthem.
- Usher: Greet newcomers and attendees, hand out programs, collect and present offering, direct movement of congregation during the Eucharist
- Vestry: Serve as a potential Vestry Member in future
- Welcome Committee: Strategically plan for newcomers, engaging new members and inviting others
- Worship Assistant: Assists the priest at the altar during Eucharist and throughout the service.
- Worship and Program Committee: Got an idea for Sunday morning worship? A new educational program? A special event for children? contact Patti Walsh and she'll let you know where we are meeting for the month. All are welcome!